Saturday 8 February 2014

Isotonic sport drink

Today I had the worst Insanity workout ever despite it being one of my favourites of the set - Plyometric Cardio circuit.
The problem? A lack of Isotonic sport drink - we'd run out. I really didn't think a lack of the drink would affect a workout quite so much, I mean I discovered once during a 10k that not having it throughout the run resulted in me finishing the race and almost puking and incoherent but I thought I'd be able to get through an Insanity workout without one - I guess it shows just how hard these workouts with Shaun T actually are.
At one point during todays workout I declared I was stopping, luckily that statement disn't last and it only took a couple of seconds for me to say that I hadn't stopped a workout yet and wasn't about to start now. But throughout this workout I struggled for energy and constantly got cramp in my feet and glutes and had to keep stretching out, couple that with no energy and it made for a pretty crappy workout.
I've now restocked the Lucozade sport drink but I'm certainly going to look into alternatives so that I have something for a backup if we run out again.



2 comments:

  1. I'm very jealous you can do all that lol. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight and I'm down 15 pounds so I'm pleased. Good luck with your prog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those energy drinks contain tonnes of sugar! Basically you are beasting yourself to death to lose weight and any gains you make are negated by pouring that stuff down your neck. You might as well be drinking tea and eating a donut! Just eat a balanced, calorie controlled diet and drink loads of water. Keep up the exercise, the weight will fall off you.

    ReplyDelete