Friday 15 March 2013

"This s**t is bananas y'all"

It sure is Mr T and yet we still do it.
This is the 'Insanity' workout that I dread. 45 minutes of 'Pure cardio' with none of the usual 30 second rest breaks - it's balls to the wall the entire way through.
The warmup is the usual set of moves repeated 3 times with each set getting more manic (Shaun T would say each set just gets faster but if you see me do half these moves - they're manic).
Quick water break then into those glorious stretches - already at just day 5 I can see a huge difference in my flexibility.
Another quick water break and then it's all out flailing of arms and legs (in my case anyway - i'm not the most coordinated of people). Here's those all important moves:
  • Suicide Drills
  • Switch kicks
  • Wide football sprints
  • Stance Jacks
  • Pedal
  • Hooks and Jump rope
  • Power jacks
  • Level 2 drills
  • Frog Jumps
  • Power Knees
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Ski Down
  • Scissor Runs
  • Suicide Jumps
  • Push up jacks (push ups with wide feet)
My legs were actually wobbling by about the Pedal move and by the time I got to Level 2 drills I had screamed "oh s**t" more times than I care to admit.
That S**t was most certainly bananas Mr Shaun T!!! But I smiled cos I love it!
The final stretch is a relief and I'm never tempted to omit that part despite being absolutely cream crackered by that point.


So today was weigh day. I was actually quite OK with the thought of getting on those scales despite knowing I'd not been brilliant all week with my food choices so you can imagine the total and utter disappointment (not) when I remembered that the battery to the scales had died and I was supposed to have replaced it before today. Sucky huh!
So no weigh in today, I'm going to have to trudge to town later and buy a battery and weigh myself tomorrow - guess who's going to be a perfect eater today lol, like it would make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment