Monday 30 July 2012

Life! - I'm taking mine back!

Anyone that regularly reads my blog will know that my workout of choice has been 'Insanity'.
For the past 9 weeks Shawn T has been my daily date and I wanted to update y'all and let you know how Insanity worked out for me.

Well I got off to a great start.  I found myself amazed that despite how insane this workout is I was motivated to press play every day and dig deeper than I ever thought possible.
I took my before pictures so that I could claim my tshirt by the end of it, took my measurements and recorded my weight and got all excited at the prospect of a huge weight loss at the end of my 9 weeks.
Simple huh?
Well not so much! Insanity works! Believe me, this workout will enable you to get the body you have always wanted. Yes you'll have to dig deep, put in more effort than you ever thought you possibly could and you will most definitely cry at some point in the 9 weeks, BUT it will do exactly what it says on the tin.
So why aren't I showing off that toned, fat free body you may ask. Well basically there are 2 important factors to this workout - digging deep and eating healthily- and while I had bucketloads of digging deep I also fell into that trap of  "well, I earned this I can eat it". Yes a treat is perfectly acceptable but not every day and at every meal........and maybe in between meals too.
Nope there is no one to blame but myself. I may be fitter than I was when I started, I may also be heaps more flexible than I was but I aint no thinner and it's all down to that healthy eating.

So why do I think I'm going to change it?
Well, I missed the last 2 weeks of the program because life got in the way and today I started 'Insanity' round 2.
"ok but that doesn't explain why this round will be so different"
Well basically because I know how it feels to finish a workout each and every day that would see most fit people heading for the door and yet still not look any better by the end of it. I also now know  how much weight I could have lost if I had just focused and applied myself more. Plus I also now know 100% for sure that if I follow healthy eating alongside the workout then I will lose weight.  It may take another round or two to get where I finally want to be but hey.........................

Today I completed the day1 fit test all over again. I wasn't going to compare my results to last time but I couldn't resist a quick sneak peak and I wasn't terribly dissappointed.
As there is no workout after the fit test so early on I decided to do a stint of Yoga from P90X. I mean Yoga, how hard can it be right! It's just a load of standing and breathing isn't it?  Hmmmmmm, well that 1 1/2 hours soon wiped that thought from my head. I could hardly complete any of the moves and I was sweating as much  as I was during the workout. 
Seriously guys, Yoga is bloomin hard. So hard that I think I'm going to only do it on my day off from Insanity, it's too much to do on the same day.

So anyways I have new 'before' photos which I will share at some point (though maybe not on my main page, they are that hideous) and I even decided to have them show me in underwear this time instead of running gear like I did last time. I figured it was time I really faced this.

Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment